Effective December 1, 2019
Emptech is committed to ensuring that our privacy and security practices are consistent with applicable laws and regulations and facilitate the privacy rights of employees and consumers. Accordingly, we take appropriate, reasonable measures to ensure the personal data shared with Emptech by employers is adequately protected and that its use is consistent with the stated purpose for its collection.
Emptech does not sell personal data, personal information, or personally identifiable information. Emptech’s data and information processing activities are governed the contractual relationships established with employers.
Information provided to Emptech is only utilized for the purpose for which Emptech has been contracted by your current or previous employer.
Information Collection and Usage
Emptech is not a reseller of information. Emptech does not sell information to any third party. As a third party administrator or authorized agent, Emptech is contracted directly by employers to act in an administrative capacity to process requests from various public and private agencies on behalf of the employer. In performance of our duties, Emptech may collect and report on employee’s personally identifiable information (PII) as a requirement to fulfill its obligations as contracted by an employee’s current or previous employer.
Third Party Collectors of Information
In performing our obligations under our employer agreements, disclosure of information we collect may be released to third parties acting on your behalf . Our terms and conditions of release of information requires that information released to third parties is only used for the purpose it was intended. Once the information is released to a third party, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party. We cannot make representations or warranties as to how such third parties may use your information.
Opt-Out process and request
Before placing an Opt-Out request, please consider that your current and/or previous employer has contracted with Emptech to process administrative requests necessary for the performance and compliance reporting of the employer. In order to fulfil these obligations, Emptech may receive PII on you.
After consideration of the above, upon request, Emptech has an established processes allowing you to request the removal of your PII from the Emptech system. You can make your request to Opt-Out@emptech.com. All Opt-Out request will be submitted to the contracted employer for consideration. Upon request to Opt-Out, your account will be frozen until which time Emptech and/or the Employer contact with you to discuss/confirm your request to Opt-Out of the Emptech platform.
- Privacy - The Company: This Privacy Statement pertains to Employment Tax Servicing Corporation Doing Business as Emptech including brand names such as VerifyFast and UCM Plus collectively referred to as (“Company”) and describes how personal information is used and disclosed that we collect from people who visit our websites and otherwise engage with us in online business activities. This policy describes how we collect, utilize, store, and disclose your information when pertaining to our employer website and services.
- Privacy- Reasonable Care: We use reasonable care to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and untimely destruction. We grant access to personal information about you only to our employees, agents, and service providers so they can provide products or services, process and service your account, and administer our business. If you have additional questions about privacy or information security, please contact us at Privacy@Emptech.com.
- Privacy rights as a California resident: Emptech does not collect third-party online behavioral web-browsing data collected across websites owned or operated by different entities for purposes of delivering advertising based on preferences or interests for use by Emptech or our clients for advertising purposes.
Depending on the visitor's activity on our website, certain "personally identifiable information" (as that term is defined in the California Act) may be collected, in addition to information set forth in other sections of this document. For purposes of the California Act, the term "personally identifiable information" means individually identifiable information about an individual consumer collected online by us from an individual and maintained by us in an accessible form, and may include any of the items described below under personal information.
Additionally, California residents with an established business relationship, can request information about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information, please contact your service provider.
Internet browser settings can be enabled to provide for extensive blocking of cookies. Some new browsers have a 'do-not-track' feature. You can visit sites such as Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox to learn how to manage your browser-based settings and cookies. Features can be turned on so you will be notified when you receive any third-party cookie, and may be given the choice to block the cookie.
- Mobile Applications: Emptech offers mobile applications that allow you to access your account, interact with us online, and receive other information via your smartphone and other handheld devices. Personal Information collected by Emptech from our mobile applications are protected by the terms of this Privacy Statement or our Privacy Statement for Employer Services Clients, as applicable.
- IP address capture: Whenever possible, we link IP addresses to personally identifiable information in order to ensure the security of our service for all users. In these cases, the IP address and personally identifiable information become part of an audit trail that we may use to identify the source of a specific transaction.
- Access to links to sites other than Emptech: Emptech may provide links to other sites and when you click on one of those links, we will not provide any personal information about you, but will let the site know that you came from Emptech. It is important that you read privacy policies of other sites as we do not control the privacy practices and policies of other sites. This will ensure you understand what information they collect about you and how they use it. Please note that our website has links to the sites of other companies.
- Log Data: We collect a standard set of data from all visitors to the website. Also known as “log data,” our servers may collect information that includes your IP address, when your computer or device visited the site, the URL of the website you arrived from, and the type of device or browser you used to access the site.
- Changes to and Deletions to your Account: If your account information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, deactivate, or delete your account by making the change on our member information page or by emailing us at support@Emptech.com. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. We may be required by law or regulation to retain certain account information associated with your use of the service.
- Types of information that could be gathered or found in our site:
- Personal Information: Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual that could be used to locate or contact you. The information may include your name, address and credit card information as well as information about your company utilized when making a purchase. We may collect your Social Security Number and other personally identifiable information in order to ensure that you establish a unique account with us, to help safeguard access to your unique account, and to allow you to securely reset your password when necessary. Emptech respects your right to access and correct your Personal Information. Emptech complies with all laws regarding access and correction. If you have an online account, you can log into your account at any time to access and update the information you have provided to us. If needed you can review or correct your account information by contacting a customer service representative.
- Business Information: Business Information is information that helps us do business directly with you. This information assists us in offering products and services that you have interest in purchasing. Such information could include, but is not limited to, your company’s size, geographic locations, and demographics.
- Transaction Information: Transaction Information is information about how you interact with Emptech including purchases, questions, customer account information, and information about how you use the Emptech websites and applications.
- Information collected in our web-based platform:
During the registration process we receive information from you when you register on our site to manage the various request that related to our suite of services. Registration information such as your name, email, physical address, phone number, and/or password will be processed and validated in order identify the purpose and permission that will be granted for your inquiry under the services and payments we process through our website.
- Safeguarding your personal information: We are committed to protecting the security of your information through reasonable procedures and technology designed for this purpose by taking these steps:
We limit access to your personal information to employees having a reasonable need to access this information to provide products and services to you and to our customers. Employees who misuse information are subject to disciplinary action, including termination. We have reasonable physical, technical, and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. In areas that contain your personal information, we use encryption to help protect this information while it is in transit between our servers and your computer.
- Information Regarding Children: We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about users who we actually know are under the age of 13. If Emptech becomes aware of personal information collected from individuals under the age of 13, Emptech will take steps to delete any personal information associated with that individual.
- Parties With Whom Information May Be Shared: We do not sell or disseminate customer information collected on the Site to any third parties under any circumstances, except to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements or to facilitate customer requested transactions. Information is shared to facilitate the Services needed in order to properly and efficiently handle duties related to your account. We may share information with:
- Government agencies to fulfill legal, reporting and regulatory requirements, attorneys, accountants, and auditors;
- Credit reporting agencies to supply vendor references on our client’s behalf;
- Our employees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents and third-party service vendors to perform Services related to your account, to offer additional Services, perform analysis to determine qualification to receive future services, or collect amounts due;
- Banking and brokerage firms to complete verification processing transactions; and/or
- • Credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement or government officials. We reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, in a fraud investigation, an audit, or examination.
- Your part in keeping your information secure: Remember not to use easy to figure out passwords, always log out of you browser when completing a session, delete unneeded browser history, use qualified anti malware and anti-virus software.
- Information protection Sharing and Disclosure: Your information is stored on secure servers in our data center located in Southern California. While we use acceptable industry-standard practices to protect your information, we do not guarantee that your information will be absolutely secure. However below are steps we take to protect your information:
- We implement a combination of administrative, technical, and physical controls to protect our systems and your PII
- We implement technology and process oriented data security measures to prevent unauthorized access, and keep security patches and software up-to-date;
- Encryption routines surround sensitive personal information;
- Data transfer is processed only through encrypted channels (for example, when providing credit card information);
- Emptech stores and processes personal information solely in the United States; and
- Data is backed timely and securely up to mitigate the loss of data should an anomaly occur.
- Payment Processors and payment information: Credit card and related billing and payment information is provided to Emptech and/or third-party service providers engaged on Emptech’s behalf. When payment is collected for services Emptech and/or our payment processing service provider may collect information such as first and last name, billing address, and complete credit card information necessary to enable us to receive your payment. Our payment processing service provider may also retain this information to enable you to continue purchases without having to re-enter this same information each time.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention of information: We may release personal information to third parties to comply with a specific legal requirement such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order. We partner with certain third-party vendors to prevent fraud and abuse. When you make a purchase, we analyze your payment information and specific device identifiers (including, but not limited to, IP address, MAC address, geographical location, browser and operating system settings) to identify suspected fraudulent activity and block it unless prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will do our best to provide subjects – including candidates - of law enforcement requests with advance notice before we disclose their information to law enforcement, if we have contact information for that customer. We reserve the right to withhold advance notice where it would impede an investigation of identity theft, or in situations involving such cases that involve a physical threat to any person, a threat to homeland security or to our systems and networks where it is found to be reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal conduct.
- Information accessed by Agents and contractors: Emptech contractors from time to time have access to your personal information in the course of assisting in operating our business and providing products or services to you the user. These contractors include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content for the operation and maintenance of our site. Access to such information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the performance of their specific function. Contractors are obligated under their contracts with us to maintain all your information as confidential and to comply with our privacy and security policies.